Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Violet Bouquet"


My blog title comes from a song called “Violet Bouquet” by Jeremy Current.  But why I chose this goes beyond his involving lyrics.

First of all, Jeremy Current is a small, local singer from Charlotte, North Carolina—which is coincidentally where I am from.  Starting at UCD last week is so far away from what I’m used to, and when I came across this artist and his song, I started to feel the mood of home once again.

Second of all, the idea of fall being around the corner for me is actually exciting.  With graduating high school and not starting college until late September, this summer was quite possibly the longest of my life.  And while there’s nothing wrong with a little extra down time now and again, “I [still] can’t help but think about the fall.”

On a more literary sense, I chose a song lyric as the title of my blog because I tend to connect to “literature” the most through music and lyrics.  One could potentially debate that song lyrics are not actually literature, but for now, I’m going to argue that they are… most of the time at least.  Especially in this case, the first half of the song felt as if it were written for me.  I felt apart of it, and I felt important.  In general, as I read and study literature, I simply want to feel involved and see how it affects the world around us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment